Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cheap Linen

A really good thing is finding some nice 100% linen to paint on at Goodwill. An extra large size ladies dress and shirt cover! It happens to be linen colored, but that doesn't matter, I buy linen in all colors of clothes like shirts and skirts, once you get it gessoed, it's all white anyway. $2.50 for several small panels is a great deal. It helps to get a medium to fine weave.Great for doing plein aire work. Now I just need to get it mounted and primed so I get some panels ready for this spring and summer. So, first clean out a large space to work.....hmmm.
Today I got more good news! My big gelding in training who was very naughty last week, has had a complete turnaround this week. The secret was cutting his dose of grain. Even with all of the work he's been doing, he was putting on weight and acting up. I lunged him one day at a "Red Mile" pace...he could have won a race at his trot and wouldn't settle down. I even saw a race horse "eye" on him. That did it! The proper amount of feed did the trick. Today he hacked out and did great. I'm pretty relieved about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment