Thursday, June 25, 2009

Donations


Marilyn Sadler, CWNave, Gretchen Grosshardt, Yvonne Todd at SOPO party

I believe it is important for everyone to give of their gifts. I have a gift given to me that allows me to have a desire to figure things out, have a sense of proportion, understand colors, and want to do it! Many of you have gifts I don't, like singing, dancing, writing, making people laugh, all things I used to wish I could do. Now, I am perfectly content with what I can do, and make the most of the opportunities to give to causes I believe in, like animal husbandry. Yes, being a good husbandry person means taking care of and protecting the ones who can't take care of themselves. Many strides are being made to help animals since the old days and ways, but still, many animals are euthanized every day in this country. Woodford Humane Society is a wonderful privately funded rescue that tries to benefit animals and owners by matching personalities and needs, kind of like a match making business. They are not dependent on any government funding, and all of the money they need they creatively raise, with help from an army of donors, from the farms that donate their property use, to caterers, decorators, artists, and a crowd of unhailed people that help in many ways. Please get online at www.woodfordhumanesociety.org and click on the Scenes of Pin Oak or SOPO to bid on the artwork, or get a ticket to one of the two days of events, go have a great time. There will be many other things up for auction. By the way, the paintings are donated lock, stock, and barrel, with 100% of the donations going for the shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment