Friday, April 24, 2009

Demo at Horse Park




I went to the horse park today to paint for a demonstration, Booth Malone and I stood together to chat while we painted. We saw a total of 5 people, but at least we got to talk to them, instead of the usual shuffling by when you have huge crowds. Booth is in great health and was working on a posthumous painting of Theodore O'Conner. It was looking pretty good. I worked on a painting I've tried to get right three times, it's one that I lost the reference photo. That can be good or bad, in this case not an easy one to pull off. I think I've lost focus on this one
The Academy is having a silent auction fundraiser this weekend, I've seen a couple of things to bid on. The art show at the Academy looks nice, Leslie Humphrey has already sold her big piece, a scene with huntsmen in red coats, and a very loose background. Good for her! There are pieces that range from $225. to $7-8000. James Crow has a medium size painting of the World Equestrian games that Collector's gallery made into a poster. I've got Breakfast Club and Under the Sycamore in the show, although it's hard to guess what may sell. Leslie's piece proves that large pieces can still sell in this market.

No comments:

Post a Comment