Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lunch with the arts


"Trees in the Draw"_8x8" _Oil on board_Available_$325
Trees on my farm (my favorite place to paint!)This painting was done last year on a day with me sitting in the moist grass...I had forgotten my portable easel and chair. The main interest for the painting, was on the color temperature changes of the grass in the shadows and sunlight.

I had lunch today with Shelley Hunter and Marilyn Sadler talking art and pets. Shelley brought her new sculpture of John Henry's head, done from her great sculpture installed at the Kentucky Horse Park. I think we may get together to work on some relief sculptures and painting small one-a-day type paintings for fun.

Shelley and Marilyn look at cats and dogs on camera


Shelley and John Henry
P.S. One look at my studio with clay sculptures done several years ago and never cast (falling apart) was enough to scare them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment