Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pin Oak Farm

Yesterday I, as well as other invited artists, went to Pin Oak Thoroughbred Farm to paint scenes from the farm in order to donate our time and efforts to benefit The Woodford Humane Society Fundraiser. The paintings will go on display next month at the Headley-Whitney Museum, until the actual Fundraiser in June. I started it at the farm yesterday,and completed it today. I can't show it, however, because the farm will not allow any viewing of the scenes from their farm... it's a shame, because I'm really happy with it, but Still it's their farm, and they are gracious enough to allow us to come out and paint. I'm sure it's an event for the workers, as we are all over the place, orderly, but still. I painted a scene of the retired mares pasture, with a nice bluish backlit tree line, and a pond with a bright yellow backlit tree and a mare looking up at me. I'm glad I got a photo of her there because she walked over to me and wanted to hang out. We bonded.
Woodford Humane Society is the best! I've done this before and want to do it every year, because the precious beasties deserve great treatment, and kind caretakers. Thanks to Debbie Graviss, Yvonne Todd, and Marilyn Sadler, all artists and all giving their time to help US, setting this all up, driving us around, and all of the other monumental things they do to make this event a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment