Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trail Ride in the Country


Country landscape_4x6"_oil on linen board_available_$90
Traveling through the country you see a lot of nondescript landscapes that have a lot of appeal for me. They aren't anyplace special, just country with no buildings, no people, no signs of civilization except for the neat mowing and crops.


I rode Bear on a trail ride with four others today. He was a superstar, taking the lead and not flinching at anything, including the man building a garage or shed right next to the trail. I think the breaking with the Amish taught him that. They had a barnyard full of critters; horses and ponies, goats, dogs & puppies, cats & kittens, chickens, guinnies, (sp?) geese,
turkeys, the only thing he definitely didn't like was the hog pen.

1 comment:

  1. I love your eye for such scenes as this. Your blog really does inspire me! We do need to get together again for lunch when time allows on either side. Keep the blogs coming, I check back often :-)

    ReplyDelete